What is Ritalin? buy ritalin online
The brand name Ritalin refers to generic methylphenidate. It is a stimulant for the central nervous system (CNS), piperidine and phenethylamine class. In 1955, Methylphenidate was approved for medical use in the United States. There were approximately 2.4 billion prescriptions for the medication worldwide in 2013.
You can buy Ritalin both as a generic or trade medication in two strengths: immediate-release (comes with 5, 10, and 20 mgs of methylphenidate chloride) and sustained release tablets (comes with 20 mgs of methylphenidate hydrchloride).
The active ingredients of Ritalin immediate release pills include sucrose, lactose and talc. They also contain tragacanth, polyethylenegl, and tragacanth. Ritalin sustained release pills contain cellulose compounds, lactose and mineral oil as well as titanium dioxide, cetostearyl al, povidone and zein.
Ritalin pills are useful for the treatment of narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It is the first-line treatment for ADHD in the United States. Ritalin works by blocking norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake by neurons.
Ritalin treats the symptoms of ADHD. Behavioral modification therapy may be having additional benefits when used in adjunct. Approximately 70% of ADHD patients who use Ritalin experience benefits and decreased symptoms. The remaining 30% either don’t have any benefit at all, or the side effects overcome its effectiveness.
ADHD patients have a high risk of substance use disorder without treatment, but Ritalin reduces that risk.
A chronic sleep disorder, narcolepsy, is the overwhelming daytime sleepiness and uncontrollable sleep. The most common symptoms of narcolepsy, such as excessive drowsiness, sleep paralysis, hallucination, and cataplexy, are responsive to Ritalin. The medication improves vigilance and performance and increases wakefulness. buy ritalin online
- The most common adverse effects of Ritalin include dry mouth, appetite loss, nervousness or anxiety, insomnia, and nausea.
- Gastrointestinal adverse effects include weight loss and pain in the abdomen.
- Nervous system effects including irritability, agitation, restlessness, akathisia, dyskinesia, drowsiness, fatigue, lethargy, and dizziness
- Cardiac effects include a change in heart rate and blood pressure, palpitations, tachycardia, and reduced flow of blood to hands and feet.
- Ophthalmologic effects include dry eyes, blurred vision, and diplopia, and mydriasis in rare cases.
- Other non-desirable effects include emotional lability, depression, confusion, hyperhidrosis, bruxism, and chest pain.
Some clinically significant drug interactions of Ritalin immediate-release and sustained-release tablets include:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs): Concurrent use of MAOIs and any central nervous system stimulants such as Ritalin causes a hypertensive crisis. Outcomes of this crisis may include stroke, death, aortic dissections, myocardial infarction, ophthalmological complications, renal failure, pulmonary edema, and eclampsia.
- Antihypertensive Drugs: Ritalin may decrease the effectiveness of antihypertensive drugs. It results in increased hypertension for the patients.
- Halogenated Anesthetics: Using halogenated anesthetics and Ritalin together may increase the risk of sudden elevation of heart rate and blood pressure during surgery, thus leading to death.
Potential for Dependence and Abuse
Ritalin is a CNS stimulant that possesses a high risk of dependence and abuse. Doctors should assess the risk of addiction and abuse while prescribing the medication.
Severe Cardiovascular Reactions. ritalin without prescriptionritalin on line
Myocardial infarction, stroke, and death reported in adults on the treatment of Ritalin. Pediatric patients with acute heart problems or structural cardiac abnormalities are at higher risk of sudden death. Avoid the use of Ritalin IR or SR in patients with cardiomyopathy, structural cardiac defects, severe heart rhythm abnormalities, coronary artery disease, and fatal heart problems.